Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Hamshire, part 3

Ok,  so, things are slowly moving along with 
The Hamshire! 
I do have work,  and a FEW other projects I'm working on
( and laundry..and dishes.....)
this is what I've done so far!!
First I bought some thick foam core, and some regular foam core ( at Michael's) .


 Then I drew a kinda -sorta tree shape on the thin foam core, cut it out with an exacto knife, traced it onto the thicker foam core and also onto a piece of thick cardboard. I cut out the cardboard shape with scissors.
 I did not cut out the thick foam core because this will be the base.


the extra foam core I cut into strips as high as i wanted the stump to be, then cut it about 2/3rds the way up...totally arbitrary height, and grabbed the glue gun



I glued the longer strips around the traced line which will be the bottom of the stump, remembering to leave open where I wanted to place any doors or window. I left the back without any foam core strips, because I want to leave that part open.


 next I glued the thin foam core tree shape to the top of the strips, glued the shorter foam core strips around the edges, and glued the cardboard piece on top of all that
 (this will be the roof, or top of the stump) 
because there were neither blankets nor food involved, 
Butters was not at all impressed with my contraption

 

that's it so far!!
 any comments? any at all??
until next time....I am....closer to the edge

No comments:

Post a Comment