Sunday, February 23, 2014

Hamshire part 2

ok, so I started Hamshire...just barely ....but you have to start somewhere, so I started with the door!
I used a small piece of craft wood, measured it and drew the door and door frame shape...
Then I cut it out....

I cut the bottom of the door short so I could make a stoop or landing....
then I sanded the edges.
With a dremel I carved grooves to look like boards into the door, then carved in some wood texture, then sanded LIGHTLY (so as not to sand out the texture I just put in).
I then painted the whole thing a darker brown tone, being sure to get the paint into the grooves, but NOT fill them in with paint.....I  dried it with the hair dryer then dry brushed a milk chocolate color with the side of a paint brush over the whole thing. I use the side of the brush so I just get paint on the raised parts of the wood, but not in the grooves,   deepens the textured look.



 then I added hinges, all that's left is a door knob of sorts!

any comments???anyone???
stay tuned!!!

Until then I am...as ever...closer to the edge....



No comments:

Post a Comment