Saturday, March 15, 2014

Hey there!! Well, I changed the look of the blog...a little less cluttered, a little more obvious.. hahahah
Hamshire Update!!
Well, I actually have been working on it ( we all call it "The Stump")....
here is the progress so far...









First I taped paper bags to the foam core skeleton...















Then I paper mache'd the whole outside, let dry for a day, then did the same on the inside, and let that for for about 2 days. I simply used newspaper and a flour/water mixture.











I wanted to add texture, so I bought some air dry clay, I tried it on a small part, just to see, and although the texture looked ok, it totally flaked off in huge chunks once it dried, so I decided to try something else.....










I shredded up some toilet paper, threw it into a bowl of flour and water, and mixed it all together...





then I covered the whole exterior in the mixture smooshing around to make a bark-like texture...and ....let......it..... dry

next post, paint and moss!!!
until then....i am, closer to the edge....


No comments:

Post a Comment