Saturday, September 6, 2014

Summer Recap

(note...somehow I made the text background a different color and cannot  make it go away, please comment if you can help me remove it...)
 Wow, I haven't post all summer, so I thought I would do a summer recap!
I'll break it in sections, first is...
The Garden recap....The pumpkins started out really well, over-taking pretty much everything in their path and smashing down the little fence we put up for the grapes, but then as soon as the pumpkins got to be about the size of a softball, they all turned black and withered away....I have one left, I hope it makes it! 
The sunflowers grew to about 12 feet and they are awesome, the tomatoes and peppers (banana, bell, jalapeno and dragon) did great and were H O T ....so maybe next year I'll stop trying to grow large items....but probably not.....
here are a few garden pics....




Crafting/Etsy recap... as I mentioned in my last post (way back then) I started knitting again....and kept on going... I combined my current two favorite crafts, and have been making hats with needle felted animals on them...some are a bit...um..wacky... but I am having a great time making them and have put quite a few in the  Etsy shop...
I have a lot more to list....
so check back for updates....
have any ideas for other animals??
leave a suggestion in the comments!!!
here are a few pics!
Mouse Hat

Monkey Hat

Owl Hat

Lemur Hat

Bunny Hat
and then.... 
( please play O Fortuna bu Carl Orff in your head ...).....



30 SECONDS TO MARS!
Paige and I went to see 30STM (she got me the tickets for mother's day!)...and it was amazing..... akin to a religious experience, people who understand this will understand, and most people won't, but it was superfreakingawesome! Best band in the world.




 





 

so now fall is just ahead, (Yay!) and I will be posting more often...in fact Kirsten and I are going to the Sheep and Fiber Fest tomorrow, ( we go every year!) so I'm sure to be posting ...and instagraming (follow me!) about that so stay tuned!!
Until then, 
I am (now more than ever!!!) Closer to the Edge!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment